HOTEL & ACCOMMODATION INFO
(hotel and map info coming soon)
- The Country Club Plaza -- An outdoor 'museum' of Spanish architecture with fountains and sculptures, as well as shopping and eating areas.
- The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art and the Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art -- Both have free admission and are less than a half-mile from the hotel.
- Information on Blues and Jazz clubs -- World famous Kansas City Night Life!
- Downtown Kansas City's Power and Light District -- A new entertainment area just a short cab ride away from the Marriott C.C. Plaza.
- The Brown v. Board of Education National Historic Site -- Just over an hour from the conference hotel, the Historic Site is located at the Monroe Elementary School, which was one of the four segregated elementary schools for African-American children in Topeka, Kansas. The visual and audio displays place the struggle for equality in educational opportunity within the context of the struggle for civil rights. The site is open seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.